LW.Org offers public instant messaging and mail services.
You can register an IM/Mail account directly in band using your favorite client (that supports xmpp) or through this website, after you signup you will be able to use lightwitch.org to chat with anyone who is using any of the federating servers on the xmpp network.
You can find a comprehensive statement about our Privacy Policies into our Service agreement.
This service has a protocol score by the Conversations tester of:
lightwitch.org *im* service is running on Metronome IM an opensource lightweight xmpp server written in Lua based on Prosody, compliant with latest XMPP RFCs (6120-6121)
- Supports a wide amount of extensions, including: Multi-User Chat (MUC), Stream Management, BOSH, Client State Indication (CSI), WebSockets, MAM, HTTP File Upload etc
- Extensive Microblogging using PubSub
- Dedicated STUN/TURN service for multimedia A/V conferencing
- Allows sharing of large files, upto 1GiB, via the server's upload service
- Advanced anti-spam protection, which effectively filters all current instant messaging spam methods
- Registering grants you also a free mail account so you can use your lightwitch.org address to send and receive e-mails
Both developing the software and mantaining the serving infrastructure costs a fair amount of money and personal effort.
If you use this service and like it please consider making a donation via PayPal.